Oscar Adventures

Saturday, January 20, 2007

A fish that is quick to make his feelings known

They say that Oscars will let you know if they are unhappy about something that is going on in their aquarium or within their view, and I have definitely found that to be true.

Chief Brody never fails to let me know when something is not up to his standards. For instance, he will swing his powerful tail into the gravel and throw gravel across the tank if he decides he is hungry.

I have been in the habit of leaving the tank hood slightly off center so that I can simply drop food down the through the uncovered portion of the tank top. Tonight, however, I put the light cover back in its place. Chief Brody spent the next 30 minutes swimming up and slamming his head into the cover. I don't know whether it was finger wagging or the pain in his head that finally made him stop.

Oscars really do have personalities and are amazing fish to watch. I enjoy watching him swim about and, occassionally, "talk" to me about how life could be better for him if only I would feed him, change the water, increase the heat, move the light cover, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home